What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign® (also known as Clear Braces) is a technology that uses a series of clear aligners to straighten teeth. Unlike conventional metal braces, Invisalign® aligners are only worn for a certain amount of time each day. This enables patients to remove the retainers to eat and drink what they want and maintain normal brushing and flossing habits.
No one can tell if you are using Invisalign® – it’s practically invisible.
Invisalign® can be worn by teens and adults alike.
How does Invisalign® work?
- First you’ll consult with Dr to determine if the Invisalign® is right for you.
- The Dr will take X-rays and impressions of your teeth that will be used to create a 3D model of your mouth.
- From there the Dr will design a precise treatment plan.
- Once your initial aligners arrive, the Dr will start your treatment. You will wear the aligners throughout the day, removing them only to eat or brush and floss. The aligners are virtually invisible. Most people will not even notice.
- Return to the Dr for your next set of retainers approximately every 2 weeks.
- Enjoy your ever straightening and beautiful smile.