CALL: (773) 831-0002
Chicago’s Family Dentist
Go Ahead and Smile, We’ve Got You!
Sedation Dentistry for Dental Fear and Anxiety
Sedation dentistry can be a life saver for patients who deal with dental fear or anxiety.
Do you avoid the Dentist out of fear and anxiety? Does the thought of setting foot in the office make your stomach whirl and your skin tingle? Are you living with tooth pain or gum sensitivity because you fear going to the Dentist?
You are not alone. Millions of people suffer from dental anxiety and postpone or avoid treatment, often allowing time to exacerbate the problems.
Well don’t be one of them. Our team of Chicago Dentists can work with you to both understand the procedure and help use minimal sedation techniques, primarily in the form of inhaled nitrous oxide, to help you relax in the dental chair and get teh care you need.
Minimal Inhaled Sedation
Nitrous oxide, also known as “laughing gas” is combined with oxygen. You breath this through a mask placed over your nose. The gas does not put you to sleep, but only helps you relax. The effects of nitrous oxide are short-lived and wear off quickly. A lot of patients choose this form of sedation dentistry because they are usually able to drive themselves home after their procedure.
We have found great success using nitrous oxide to help our patients who experience dental anxiety and fear. Call our office to discuss your questions and concerns, 773-831-0002.
Dental Anxiety & Fear
We are lucky to be living in a highly technological era where that age old fear of dental work can be efficiently and conveniently allayed. Our top Chicago dentists are always keeping up on the latest anxiety and pain relief methods developed globally.
If you have fear or anxiety, know that you’re not alone. Close to 35 million people allow their fear to keep them from visiting a dental professional.
We see these common reasons for patient anxiety every day:
- fear of dental equipment
- fear of the dentist him or herself
- anticipation of extreme pain
- anxiety over anesthetic failing
- anxiety over losing one’s composure
- profound fear of injections
- shame over one’s oral hygiene and upkeep
What can I do about my dental anxiety? (Other ways to manage dental anxiety)
- Get to know you’re dentist as a person. You’ll discover they are human and have irrational fears of their own, and feel freer opening up about yours.
- Research alternatives: Is there a less invasive option? Ask your dentist to explain the pros and cons of each treatment.
- Create your own code of communication. Choose a hand or foot movement that communicates: Stop – that hurts!
- Go under. Sedation has become an art and science. You and your dentist can decide what type and amount work best to keep you calm and safe.
- Crank the tunes. Music always puts people at ease in stressful situations. Bring in your favourite play list and your clearest earphones!
- Try nitrous oxide – a safe and effective sedative that we mix with oxygen then serve up through a small mask that comfortably fits over your nose and enables you to rest and relax during your treatment
If you have any other ideas on how to manage anxiety, please share with us! We are here to learn from and comfort each other!
Schedule a free initial consultation to discuss your dental needs and concerns today. 773-831-0002
Where are we Located
ABC Dental has extended office hours 6 Days a week and plenty of free parking.
What Our Patients Say
Wonderful team, and very professional dentist. Dr. Nada always the best.
If I get there 15 minutes early they’re ready for me! They offer reminders, smiles, and great customer service!
AMAZING PEOPLE THERE THE DOCTOR WAS VERY NICE TOO. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT
CALL: (773) 831-0002