Dental Insurance Benefits Expire Soon
It’s almost holiday time. If you have any dental insurance benefits left, in between festivities and shopping, you should schedule your dental work and take advantage of your end-of-the-year insurance benefits.
Let’s discuss the importance of utilizing your dental benefits to maximize your smile and minimize your costs.
Understanding End-of-the-Year Dental Benefits:
Like general health insurance, most dental insurance plans follow a calendar year, meaning your benefits reset at the beginning of the new year. This makes the end of the year the perfect time to ensure you’ve used the dental services and all benefits you’re entitled to.
The Benefits of Utilizing Your Dental Insurance End-of-Year Benefits:
- Preventive Care: Many dental insurance plans cover preventive dental cleanings and checkups. We can’t overstate the importance of keeping up with your preventative dental care. Good dental health is good health, and preventative care saves you money in the long run. If you still need to take advantage of your regular dental cleanings and checkups, schedule them before December 31st.
- Minor Repairs: If you’ve been putting off minor dental repairs, such as fillings or small dental procedures, check your insurance plan (or we can run a complimentary insurance check for you) to see what procedures are covered. Using your insurance benefits now can prevent minor problems from becoming major issues in the future. And, if covered, those problems could be solved at low to no cost to you.
- Maximizing Coverage: Many dental insurance plans have an annual maximum, which is the most your plan will pay for your dental work in a year. You can make the most of your coverage by using your benefits before the year ends. If you need multiple treatments, you can take care of some of them this year and then continue where you’ve left off when your benefits restart in the new year.
How to Maximize Your Smile and Minimize Costs:
- Schedule an Appointment: Call us or schedule an appointment online. If you are unsure about what treatment you may have been recommended and whether or not it’s covered, we can help you with a complimentary insurance check. Don’t wait until the last minute, though, as we usually get very busy.
- Plan Treatment: We have your open treatment plans on file and can help you plan treatment to ensure it aligns with your insurance benefits and budget.
- Dental Cleanings: If you’re due for a cleaning, you should definitely schedule this before the holidays. You’ll not only get your smile spruced up for the festivities, but it will most likely be low to no charge to you.
- Regular Checkups: Regular dental checkups can catch problems early, potentially saving you money on more extensive dental work in the future.
- Consult Your Dentist: We’re here to help. We can make recommendations and run a benefits check to help you get the most out of your dental insurance benefits.
Most of our patients take only part advantage of two top plans: Humana Gold and WellCare. If you have either of these plans or questions about your specific plan, we’re here to help.
Don’t waste your dental insurance benefits as the year ends. A quick call can help you prioritize your oral health and take advantage of your coverage. You can maximize your smile while minimizing costs. Remember, dental issues often worsen when left untreated, so preventative care is really important and can be very low-cost if you use your dental insurance wisely.
Call our office to schedule and get assistance at 773-481-2200. You can schedule online if you already know what treatment you need and your plan details.