Unlike most dental procedures that can be completed in one or two visits, orthodontic treatment is a long-term commitment. It’s also more expensive than most other dental procedures. That’s why at ABC Dental, our orthodontist and dentist take the time to have a detailed discussion about your smile goals. Upon completing our FREE initial orthodontic consultation, you’ll have a clear understanding on your options, goals, treatment process, and cost.
We’ve created this article to help you understand what to expect during your initial consultation with one of our doctors.
The initial consultation is primarily an assessment and planning session. We offer both invisalign braces and standard metal braces. Depending on the options you’re interested in, your initial consultation will be either with our dentist or orthodontist.
Here is what to expect on that first visit:
- Examination – Our dentist or orthodontist will perform a detailed examination which will include x-rays and possibly photographs of your teeth and facial profile. We’ll utilize these to help us prepare a detailed treatment plant that has been customized according to your dental needs and goals.
- Understanding – The doctor will ask you about your smile goals. She (he) will use the x-rays, photographs, and exam, to help you understand what the process will be to achieve those goals. The initial consultation is also a time where the orthodontist will help you understand what to expect as to what your day to day life will look like while you are in orthodontic treatment. It’s also a time where you can get answers to any and all questions you have.
- The Treatment Plan – Finally, all of the doctor’s recommendations will be formalized into your customized treatment plan. The orthodontic treatment plan will detail out the entire process and the costs. It also acts as a contract.
Here at ABC Dental, when we sign off on an orthodontic treatment plan, we guarantee that our patients will get to their smile goals WITHOUT any additional or hidden costs. We’ve heard from patients who come to us after starting treatment elsewhere that many orthodontic providers will sign off on treatment plans and then charge patients for extra “unplanned” costs or treatment extensions. We DO NOT DO THIS.
Questions about Orthodontics
Our board certified orthodontist, Dr. Hao, has been crafting dream smiles for nearly two decades. At that initial consultation, he will explain all of what you need to know about braces and your orthodontic treatment.
Here is a list of questions that he will cover at your initial consultation:
- What is the orthodontic problem?
- What are the various treatment options and what outcome to expect from each?
- What is the estimated length of the treatment?
- Whether any teeth have to be removed, how many, and which ones?
- Will other dental procedures be necessary for you to achieve your smile goals?
- The cost of your care.
- Whether your insurance plan will cover the treatment? And if so, how much will they cover?
- (in case of a child patient) What special considerations will need to be managed, if any?
Starting Orthodontic Treatment
Once you have decided that the treatment is right for you, or your child, you will sign the treatment plan and get started. Many of our patients elect to start treatment the same day.
If you have any questions or would like to schedule your FREE initial consultation, please give us a call at 773-481-2200. We’re here 6 days a week.
We’re excited to help you achieve the beautiful and confident smile of your dreams. We know how life-changing orthodontic treatments can be.
The Drs. and Staff of ABC Dental
“It was great. The orthodontist Dr. Jianjun Hao is very professional and explain me how the procedure is going to be from the begining to the end in very polite way. Also the staff is very kind and friendly that makes me feel like we are family.”
“It was a pleasant visit. the wait was all of 5 minutes and he was able to continue my brace adjustments from my previous orthodontist. Very nice and so was his staff… look forward to seeing him in 4 weeks.”
“Like him a lot very good bed side manner we really enjoyed this visit.”
We offer a FREE INITIAL ORTHODONTIC CONSULTATION. We invite you to schedule your consultation today at 773-481-2200.