When it comes to getting your teeth straightened, one of our top Chicago dentists or orthodontists will likely offer you two treatment options; metal braces or Invisalign. Choosing the right treatment option is understandably a difficult decision for many people.
Many patients choose Invisalign because of the inconspicuousness and comfort of the Invisalign aligners. They also require fewer office visits than metal braces. However, not everyone is a suitable candidate for getting Invisalign. So, in which clinical situations are Invisalign aligners an appropriate option?
Continue reading to find out.
Clinical Situations in which Invisalign Aligners are Suitable?
Here are certain situations in which Invisalign aligners may be a superior orthodontic treatment:
- Mild to Moderate Tooth Crowding
Invisalign removable aligners are an excellent option for treating cases involving mild to moderate tooth crowding. However, for more complicated issues, dentists usually recommend metal braces as a more suitable option.
- Teeth Gaps
Invisalign aligners can be an excellent solution for closing gaps between teeth, which creates cosmetic issues and may cause problems with speech and eating.
- Mild Bite Problems
Dentists also use Invisalign aligners for correcting mild forms of different types of bite problems. These include:
- Crossbites – a condition where the upper and lower teeth do not align properly when the mouth is closed.
- Overbites – this is a condition in which the upper front teeth excessively overlap the lower front teeth.
- Underbites – when the lower front teeth are positioned excessively in front of their upper counterparts.
- Open bites – when the upper and lower teeth do not mate properly when the mouth is closed.
When Aesthetics are Important
When it comes to aesthetics, there is nothing better than Invisalign. For individuals who cannot compromise on their facial aesthetics and smile – even if that means living with misaligned teeth – then Invisalign may be the best option for them.
When Is Invisalign Not a Suitable Option?
Invisalign aligners may not be a suitable option in the following cases:
- Complex bite problems
- When the rotation of the canines or premolars is required
- When you have teeth with restorations like bridges or crowns
- Excessively de-shaped or angled teeth.
Despite being more costly than metal braces, Invisalign aligners have various benefits that make them the prime option for treating uncomplicated orthodontic problems. If you have been putting off your treatment just because you dread wearing the metal braces, now is the time to get your teeth fixed and enjoy the smile of your dreams!
Schedule a FREE ORTHODONTIC CONSULTATION today at 773-481-2200.